Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Art of all kinds, except the good kind.

Just a bunch of sketches.

My first and only attempt at a female superhero.  They're not 'line-y' enough for my meager talents.
Just a quick pen sketch.  I never did much in pen.  I like (and usually need) erasers.
I really dig the Punisher, but this version looks a little femme-y...



When I scanned this, I called it BatsUnfinished.  Unfinished also means 'Won't ever get finished.'
Without a doubt my best 'full body' piece ever.
The very first thing I ever made a serious attempt at drawing that wasn't for a school project.  It's still one of my best pieces.
Kid Flash was one of my favourites as a kid.  I dug the 'Flash-esque' costume elements with the 'open' mask concept.

1 comment:

Sawsee said...

Hey Greybishop! You definitely have talent. As my previous art teacher told me years ago, "carry around a sketchbook and draw and draw and draw."

Of course I never listened to his sage advice, but occasionally I will sketch when I'm travelling or planning a painting. There was one woman in my artclass that was fairly similar to my abilities. After graduation she continued to draw on a daily basis. Now she has left me in the dust. She is a total pro and makes her living doing trompe-l'oeil murals for people's homes or offices.