Tuesday, April 17, 2007

My one and only professional contract.

Many years ago, I worked for a used bookstore that shall remain nameless (with an owner who shall remain heartless and a bitch to boot).

In the days before the internet, no less.

We used to search the old fashioned way, with our eyes, not a keyboard.

The ownership wanted to advertise the "search system" they'd implimented (basically writing down what customers were looking for and hoping that one of us would remember what was being looked for when it came in) so they asked me to create 4 posters for the store. These are them.

Oh and in case you were wondering, I consider it a "professional contract" because I was asked to do it, not because I got paid...

This is one of the few things I've ever drawn strictly from my imagination.  I used my own hands for reference and the rest came out of my little brain.  No art or photos were harmed in the process.























I tried to come up with something between comic book and ye olde illustrator for Holmes.  The book is just silly.























These were meant to be seen from a ways away, thus the odd lines...























That is a BIG ass!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last one made me laugh out loud.

Yep! And he looks "left-assed", too!

Nice work, GB. You are a man of many talents.

Crazy4Lost said...

Awesome work GB!!